Working together with you to put your plan into action
SASI support coordinators will work with you creatively and resourcefully to implement all supports in a participant’s plan including:
- Assistance in sourcing the right provider, with the right services for you
- Coordinating a range of supports
- Building on informal supports such as your family
- Resolving points of crisis
- Supporting you to drive your service designand direction
Managing your payments so you don’t have to.
- SASI can provide financial management of your NDIS plan including making payments to providers, expense claims processing, providing monthly statements and claiming for payment from NDIA.
- Using SASI gives you confidence that invoices are processed efficiently and paid on time so that your support is continued without any worries.
What is NDIS?
The NDIS is a new way of providing individualised support for people with disability, their families and carers. The NDIS will provide all Australians with a permanent and significant disability, aged under 65, with the reasonable and necessary supports they need to live an ordinary life.
The main objective of the NDIS is to provide all Australians who acquire a permanent disability before the age of 65 which substantially impacts how they manage everyday activities with the reasonable and necessary supports they need to live an ordinary life.
A participant’s reasonable and necessary supports take into account any informal supports already available to the individual (informal arrangements that are part of family life or natural connections with friends and community services) as well as other formal supports, such as health, education and disability services.
Reasonable and necessary supports are funded by the NDIS in a range of areas, which may include education, employment, social participation, independence, living arrangements and health and wellbeing. These supports will help participants to:
- pursue their goals, objectives and aspirations
- increase their independence
- increase social and economic participation, and
- develop their capacity to actively take part in the community.
SASI and the NDIS
SASI is NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) ready. We have the systems and people in place to ensure smooth operations under the NDIS. SASI has been actively involved with the NDIS since 2016 having transitioned a number of early entrants into the scheme. SASI is registered as a Plan Management Provider and Support Coordination Provider. Please explore the links to find out more about Plan Management and Support Coordination
BE PREPARED FOR THE NDIS
To maximise the chances of ensuring your plan covers all of your support needs SASI have produced a pre-planning tool to enable this.
The ‘My Story, My Plan’ booklet is designed to help you understand the NDIS and also helps you to think about some of the supports you might need in various areas of your life.
We highly recommend that you (or your family member/advocate) fill out the booklet and take it with you to you NDIS planning meeting.
Click on below link to download the booklet
NDIS Pre planner -My Story, My Plan