We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Support Coordination team.
About the role
This role is responsible for providing individualised support to clients of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
You will work with the clients to implement the supports within the persons plan for the purpose of building capacity, managing the impact of their disability and improving their health, well-being and participation within the community.
The successful candidate will be highly resourceful, confident to work autonomously and jump in as a team-player, be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient. They must exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities and meet the following:
- A minimum five years working in disability services or a similar environment with demonstrated experience in complex disability support
- Relevant tertiary qualification in; Disability, Individual Support, Community Services, or substantial demonstrated experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of human rights-based approaches and person-centred principles and approaches, including positive behaviour support and active support
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop teams
- Well-developed written, verbal and listening skills
- Capacity to implement change and identify opportunities for innovation
- Solid financial management capability
- Confidence and capability in using systems and technology
- Strong administrative skills: time management, coordination of tasks, efficient work practices
- Ability to plans and schedule own work independently, monitor progress against work plans and outcome
- Cultural understanding reflective of the community
- Excellent interpersonal skills to engage clients, their family/guardians/carers, advocates and all other key stakeholders
It is a requirement of this position to adhere to SASI’s Safety Screening requirements and to acquire and maintain an NDIS Check, Working with Children Check, First Aid and CPR Certificate and a valid Victorian driver licence.
For further information or a copy of the Position Description please contact Jess Ernst, HR Advisor on email@example.com
SASI is a Child Safe and Equal Opportunity Employer. Seaford is Smoke Free work environment.
Do you have questions? Please contact us at Human.Resources@sasi.org.au.