Like many we are extremely pleased that the lifting of restrictions is underway and continue to advise no current or reported cases of COVID at any SASI service.
Direction from DHHS is that return to ‘day services’ SASI Active Choices may occur after a period of 28 days with zero cases and no active cases in Victoria with new COVID normal restrictions in relation to social distancing. For further information please visit https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au
As such, and in line with Government directives we announce the following updates:
ACTIVE CHOICE UPDATE
SASI Hub @ Newborough
- Active Choice Services have resumed for clients that live with their families.
- In 2021, these services will be expanded to 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday.
SASI Hub @ Moe
- Will be transformed into a SASI Hub @ Moe and shall include a variety of computer, IT, gaming and virtual programs.
Mount Martha, Seaford and Croydon Services:
SASI Hub @ Mount Martha
- New site is currently being established and shall offer community-based supports 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday, plus a range service for 18 years and over commencing in early 2021.
- This space will also offer meeting opportunities with our Behavioural Support & Support Coordination team members.
SASI Hub @ Seaford
- Seaford site remains closed in 2020 and will be relaunched in early 2021 with new ‘capacity building supports’ offered which will enable clients to build their independent living skills and participate more fully in their local community. Programs will include performing arts, visual therapy programs, training, variety of computer, IT, gaming and virtual programs + a hospitality hub and the opportunity to participate in volunteer programs with new partnerships.
- SASI will also create personalised, interactive programs which provides a series of goals and resources up to age 22 – under the School Leaver Employment Services (SLES) to assist young adults get ready for employment so that they can work through the roadmap at their own pace and choose the support levels.
- Will remain suspended until further notice. We are reviewing the support services which can be offered from this site in a ‘covid normal’ environment and undertake an evaluation of performance and linkage in the region.
INHOME SUPPORT UPDATE
We are passionate about providing high-quality support that is individualised as such, In-home services will resume in February 2021 for clients over the age of 18.
SIL RESIDENTS ATTENDING EXTERNAL DAY SERVICES
SASI has been updated that a small number of external day services are offering supports at a 1:1 ratio, with strict measures in place to be able to adhere to current DHHS guidelines.
Given the disruption to programs our residents have had all year, and the uncertainty of what a return to day services will look like, SASI will continue supporting your loved ones previously attending external day services from home until January when a further review will be undertaken.
All options will be undertaken in consultation with families in the new year when we hopefully have a more ‘covid normal’ environment.
CAMPS & RECREATION
We appreciate that these services are highly regarded and well attended, please note the following important dates:
- 18 & under – services suspended and will be reviewed in July 2021
- 18 & over – services currently under review with an update planned for end of January 2021
We continue to comply with all government guidelines as they evolve. As you will be aware, covid developments require a rapidly changing response, and we may need to make further changes in line with any updated Government directions. If we are required to make any changes we will be in contact with clients and families individually to discuss these changes.
Thank you for your understanding and flexibility in these challenging times.
Stay well and safe.
Executive Manager Operational Services