Working With Us
SASI is dedicated to providing quality services to its clients and their families by having a skilled professional workforce, that are enthusiastic, passionate individuals who are committed to supporting people to achieve their goals and live the life they choose. Currently SASI has over 200 employees working across our services.
SASI believe our employees are one of our greatest assets and successful recruitment and retention is vital to our continuing success. Our ONE SASI culture is dynamic and promotes accountability, excellent customer service, innovation and continuous improvement. To achieve this SASI has partnered with industry experts to create learning pathways for our existing and new employees.
- One SASI Leadership Program. SASI and Vative healthcare have partnered to deliver a program for existing and upcoming managers to build their leadership capabilities which will assist SASI to reshape its culture, to build a professional workforce and support initiative workplaces and provide quality customer services. These staff will be offered a dual qualification Diploma in Practice Management and Competitive Systems & Practices on-site over 12 months.
- ONE SASI Upskill Program. SASI and Vative healthcare have partnered to deliver a program for existing staff who are unqualified and/or have qualifications which are over 10 years old. This training programs will address any skill gaps and create a career pathway. Existing staff will be offered a dual qualification Certificate IV in disability and Competitive Systems and Practices over 12 months on site.
- ONE SASI Workforce Development Program. SASI and Vative are committed to addressing the skill shortage in the disability sector. SASI will recruit people with attributes that have been identified as necessary skills and values required to be a professional support worker. Successful candidates will undergo a rigorous interview and safety screening process prior to commencement of a two stage induction program conducted by Vative Healthcare, which includes core modules of the Certificate III in Individual Support. The successful applicants will be appointed by SASI and commence the ONE SASI Upskill Program and complete a dual qualification Certificate IV in Disability and Competitive Systems and Practices over 12 months on site.
- From 2019 onwards all employees recruited with be required to have a Certificate IV in Disability or be recruited via the One SASI Workforce Development Program.
Career Pathways at SASI
SASI have fulltime, part-time, casuals and fixed period employment opportunities
- Disability Support Workers
- In-home Support & Recreation Workers
- Active Choice Managers
- Supported Independent Living Managers
- Support Coordinators
- Intake & Planning Officers
- Finance & Payroll
- Bus Drivers
- People, Culture, Compliance and Safety
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply to work with us.
SASI has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers.
A sense of wellbeing comes from feeling safe, respected and valued by others in the workplace, at SASI we have a dedicated role – Health Safety and Wellbeing Manager who will develop, monitor and promote workplace wellbeing initiatives and build a strong support system for employees. All staff have access to the Employee Assistance Program as it is important to recognise and understand their feelings and to know when to seek help. Every aspect of your life influences your state of wellbeing so keeping physically and mentally fit will help you bounce back. Therefore all staff have access to corporate memberships discounts at the Peninsula Aquatic Recreation Centre (PARC) and KX Pilates in Frankston. In addition, staff are eligible to a range of discounted service and products via Employment Hero.
- SASI is a flexible, family-friendly work environment where you can achieve a balance between work life and home with access to a range of leave provisions. Subject to your Managers approval you can purchase additional leave and have access to job sharing opportunities. Parental leave is available to permanent staff after 1 years’ service.
Remuneration and Benefits
Taxation laws provide significant tax concessions for employees of not-for-profit organisations. One such concession is an exemption from Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT). This means that we can pay/reimburse your personal expenses without any tax up to $16,050 per year tax free. This amount is in addition to your normal tax-free threshold for salary.
When you salary package, money is deducted ‘off the top’ of your salary (i.e. the deduction is made ‘pre-tax’). You only pay tax on the remaining portion of your salary, not the salary packaged money. As a result, the tax you pay each fortnight is significantly reduced. The tax saved is a permanent tax saving; you are never taxed on the salary packaging money. In addition to this employees have access to an entertainment card, accommodation and holiday benefits beyond your capped limit – Currently not available to casual employees.
Permanent employees have access to novated lease entitlements subject to approval.
All employees must meet the minimum eligibility requirements prior to commencing at SASI
- Clear National Police Check
- Working with Children Check
- Victorian Driver Licence or an International Licence endorsed by Vic Roads
- Current First Aid Certificate and CPR
- Right to Work In Australia
- Minimum of 2 professional referees.