Reactivation of Active Choices Services
Safeguarding the people who we support continues to be SASI’s priority, and we exist to do this in the safest way possible. In line with this, to continue to ensure the safeguarding of everyone, I am writing in relation to keep you informed of SASI’s transitional plans to resume services.
At this stage, we are implementing the directives of the DHHS COVID 19 Plan for the Disability Sector Version 3 is on the 25 April 2020 https://fac.dhhs.vic.gov.au/sites/default/files/2020-04/COVID19%20Disability%20Services%20Sector%20Plan%20Version%203%2025%20April%202020.docx and closely monitoring the Victorian Stage 3 Restrictions https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/state-emergency.
SASI is completing a transitional plan to support clients and families to resume service based on the current social distancing restrictions and are now seeking your input. The delivery of services will be different to protect our clients, families and staff. These changes are expected to remain in place for the next 12-18 months and/or until a COVID 10 vaccine has been developed.
- Temperature checks on entry for clients and staff
- Completion of health declaration
- 4 metre square social distancing zones for clients
- One-way entry and exit point
- Must provide proof of influenza vaccine
- No families or providers to enter services
- Strict cleaning regime after every program
- Limited community access due to restrictions
- Sessions delivered in 4-hour blocks – either from our current services or closer to your home
- 9am-1pm, 2pm – 6pm and potential 4pm -7pm blocks – 7 days per week based on family input and need
- In-home support transitioned into services / pop up locations
- No transport available unless you are deemed to live in a remote regional area
- No camps or overnight stays
In order to deliver new programs and we request that you complete a the below survey (please click link or copy and paste into your web browser) https://sasi.formstack.com/forms/reactivation_of_active_choice_services this information will assist SASI in ensuring that we have a clear understanding of client requirements.
Please respond promptly to our survey – no later than 25 May 2020.
Once services have been agreed, our Client Services team will be in touch to update/amend Service Agreements.
We plan to commence some interim services, from 9 June 2020 when the children resume school and our experienced key staff are available.
On the 13 July 2020 we plan to resume our new service delivery model to families
Please be assured we continue to work diligently to safeguard your loved ones and thank you for your patience and support during this time.