Stage 4 Restrictions Impact
At today, SASI can confirm that we have no identified cases of Coronavirus at any of our services and assure you that we remain committed to keeping all clients and staff safe and have enacted our Statewide Pandemic and COVID-19 Plan.
SASI shall continue to post updates via our website and email communication to keep you in the loop with all relevant information and changes to service delivery, and we encourage you to speak to your SASI contact if you require any further information.
As you may be aware the Victorian Government have made an announcement moving to Stage 4 Restrictions and a lockdown of all metropolitan Melbourne areas from 11.59pm on 5th August 2020 for a period of 6 weeks unless otherwise advised.
In response to this disappointing news SASI feels confident that we have embedded strict COVID-19 safety measures across all our services; staff have additional training and supplies of personal protective equipment, should they be required.
Our staff are working diligently to ensure our clients have regular staff providing support with minimal need for casual or agency staff.
Stage 4 Victorian Government restrictions are very clear on the four reasons you can leave home:
- Shopping for food or other essential items under 5 kms from residence
- To provide care giving, for compassionate reasons or to seek medical treatment
- For exercise (outdoor exercise only – 1 hour per day), with only one other person or members of your household
- Work or study, if you cannot work from home
How this impacts SASI clients and families:
- SUPPORTED INDEPENDENT LIVING (SASI ONLY)
- Continued restrictions on all visitors (ie: 3rd party allied) and we are advising all parents/carers not to visit our homes to reduce the risk of infection
- Staff will use utilise every resource available for you to maintain contact with your loved one including telephone, facetime or zoom via iPads at all houses
- ACTIVE CHOICES
- Gippsland – currently at Stage 3 currently assessing provision for 1:1 supports (risk assessments required) for clients who reside in their family home. For all enquires please contact Lisa Wellington, 0439 948 792
- Seaford – service closed effective close of business Friday 7th August under Stage 4 restrictions
- Croydon – service closed effective close of business Friday 7th August under Stage 4 restrictions
- For further assistance please contact Christine Sutton, Operations Manager, 0402 524 073
- CLIENT SERVICES
- Reduced services during the period of 10th to 15th August, for all urgent matters please contact (03) 9773 6044 for assistance
- Please forward any queries to email@example.com
Please appreciate and understand that all these precautions are necessary to protect and support your loved one and our staff members.