NDIS Check at SASI
New NDIS worker screening arrangements start across Australia from 1 February 2021. In VIC, NDIS worker screening is called the NDIS Check (NDISC) and is operated by the Department of Justice and Community Safety.
From 1 February 2021, your existing Working with Children Clearance (WWCC) (an interim ‘acceptable check’ under the NDIS) will remain a valid NDIS worker screening check until it expires.
An NDISC is only required when your existing WWCC is about to expire or if you are a new NDIS worker. This means most SASI staff have some time before they need to apply for an NDISC.
All SASI staff will need an NDISC (to work in the NDIS) and a WWCC (to work with children).
There are several steps to apply for an NDISC:
- register or login to your Service Victoria account.
- verify your identity.
- submit your identification documents for your police check and any other background checks.
- enter your work details.
- review and provide consent for the checks.
- pay for your application.
Once your application is verified by SASI, assess your application. You will be able to view your NDISC and update your details via your MyServiceVIC account.
To complete the online application, you will need:
- Your Service VIC account login and password. You should already have an account from your Working with Children Clearance. Visit the Service VIC website to log in or create an account.
- Three different identity documents (originals – not photocopies, photos or scans) including at least 1 commencement document, for example, a birth certificate, an Australian passport, an ImmiCard, or a foreign passport linked to a valid Australian visa.
- SASI’s worker screening registration name (Statewide Autistic Services Ltd) or number (4050008591) with the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission.
- Your current and previous addresses (if applicable) for the last 5 years.
- Your current and previous names (if applicable) used throughout your life.
- Your email address (mandatory) and phone number.
Who do I give the NDIS Clearance to?
Log into Employment Hero and upload a clear photo or copy to the ‘NDIS Check’ certification area.
Where do I get more information and apply?
Visit www.vic.gov.au/ndis-worker-screening-check for more information about the NDISC (available now) and to apply online (from 1 February 2021).
Visit the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission website for more information about NDIS worker screening requirements
Visit https://service.vic.gov.au/ to apply online.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to renew my National Police Check?
No. Your existing Working with Children Clearance is subject to weekly monitoring of your criminal record so this is sufficient until your receive your NDIS Clearance.
What date do I need to get my NDIS Check by?
You need to get it before your Working with Children Clearance expires.