SASI is looking for a Support Coordinator to provide exceptional service and support clients that have an NDIS funding plan.
Statewide Autistic Services (SASI) is part of the Independence Australia Group (IAG) which is a social enterprise that provides choices for people living with a disability or other personal needs, enabling them to regain and retain their independence within a supportive community.
IAG services and operations include disability and allied health support services, sale of products and mobility equipment and aids to support independent living through its national disruption centre network, retail outlets and local customer service call centre.
SASI Support Coordinator is responsible for supporting an NDIS clients to implement all the supports within their NDIS plan including informal, mainstream and community, as well as funded supports.
They will support the client to strengthen their ability to coordinate their own supports and
participation in the community along with ensuring mainstream services meet their obligations for example housing, education, justice and health.
We are offering the following:
- $38.60 per hour + 11% superannuation
- Generous salary packaging tax benefits (pay up to $6,000 less in taxes every year)
- 12 month Maternity Leave position
WORKING WITH IA
The role of a Support Coordinator includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Provide support to clients based on their NDIA plan, implementing all supports within the client’s plan including formal, mainstream and funded supports
- Use a strengths-based approach when working with clients to establish a Support Plan with the client and other relevant stakeholders
- Build effective relationships with clients and their families while maintaining appropriate and professional boundaries
- Assist the client understand the supports in their plan, access and use the client portal, search for contact and select providers.
- Ensure client in informed about service provider feedback processes and how to request a change of support coordinator if needed
- Support the development of service agreements, bookings referrals for assessments. Support urgent equipment within the plan parameters.
- Ensure all data is completed and entered onto the client information management system (SupportAbility) and documents have been signed and agreed to before delivery of SASI services
- Documentation as required including all electronic client profiles and data action points are created
WORKING WITH YOU
To be successful you will bring the following:
- A minimum five years working in disability services or a similar environment with demonstrated experience in complex disability support
- Relevant tertiary qualification in; Disability, Individual Support, Community Services, or substantial demonstrated experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of human rights-based approaches and person-centred principles and approaches, including positive behaviour support and active support
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop teams
- Well-developed written, verbal and listening skills
- Capacity to implement change and identify opportunities for innovation
- Solid financial management capability (billable hours, P&L’s, budgets)
- Confidence and capability in using systems and technology
- Certificate IV in Disability and/or Aged Care or similar
- Level 2 First Aid
- Valid Working With Children’s Check
- Valid NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Valid Driver’s license
WORKING WITH BENEFITS
In return for your hard work utilising your expertise and qualifications, you will enjoy the following:
- Financial benefits as listed above
- A cohesive, collaborative and team focused work environment
- Ongoing mentoring and professional development
- Long term career development opportunities.
WORKING WITH PURPOSE
Independence Australia is a proud and leading social enterprise that supports and provides choices to people living with a disability or other personal needs. We work hard to empower our clients to attain and maintain independent living. Join IA in a key role that supports and facilitates this important goal!
WORKING WITH VALUES
Independence Australia is driven by strong values in every facet of the organisation. These values are the foundation of who, what, how and why we do things.
Customer Centric– Ensuring that customers have choice and control is paramount in our decision making.
Valued People – Encouraging and rewarding innovation and excellence, recognition and feedback
One Organisation – Sharing a common purpose supported by positive contributions, clear responsibilities and accountability
Do you have questions? Please contact us at [email protected]